让别人闭嘴你只会说shut up吗
In some situations, you might have to tell people to quieten down and stop talking just before someone is about to speak (in a presentation, a meeting or conference) or a play is about to start in the theatre。 In those instances, you would politely ask people to stop talking。
有时候在别人正准备说话前(做介绍或在会议中)或是剧场里表演开始前,你需要告诉大家安静下来,别再说话了。这些情况下,你需要礼貌地告诉大家不该再说话了。
However, there are many more situations when you don’t want to politely ask the person or people to stop talking, especially if they have really annoyed you or you are fed up with the noise they’re making。 In which case, the idioms below would come in extremely useful!
但是,很多情况下你不想礼貌地请别人停止说话,尤其是他们打扰到你或是你受够了他们制造的噪音,这时候下面的习语就派上用场啦!
1。 Put a sock in it (英式英语)
I’ve had enough of your moaning for one day。 Why don’t you put a sock in it?
这一天我都在听你抱怨,安静一点行不行啊!
注:有时候你也会听到“put a cork in it”,意思是一样的。
2。 Cork it
“Shhh, cork it and listen to him”。
“嘘,别说了,好好听他说。”
注:“put a cork in it”更常用。
3。 Button it
“Button it, ok。 I’m trying to think!”
“闭嘴好吗,我在思考呢!”
4。 Shut your pie hole(美式英语)or Shut your cake hole(英式英语)
“Just shut your pie hole, man。”
“闭上你的嘴!”
注:这句是《阿凡达》的台词哦!
5。 Zip your lips or Zip it!
I’ve heard enough of your nonsense, mate。 Now zip it!
哥们,你说的废话我都听够了,现在可以闭嘴了吧!
6。 Wind your neck in
“Why don’t you just wind your neck in for once and listen to what I have to say?”
“为什么你就不能闭嘴好好听我说呢?”
7。 Simmer down
Ok, children。 I need you all to simmer down and listen to Jason’s story。
好的,孩子们,现在我需要你们安静下来听杰森的故事。
注:这句话并不粗鲁,也没有冒犯的意思,只是用在非正式场合。
8。 Pipe down
“Come on, everyone。 Pipe down or else you will all get detention!”
“所有人安静,否则留堂处分!”